HOW TO GET READY FOR YOUR DRIVING LESSONS
Finding out to drive can be a challenging experience for the best people so here are RED Driving School’s leading suggestions on how to prepare for your very first driving lesson and subsequent tuition.
PRIOR TO YOUR FIRST LESSON
- Provisional licence– you will need to present both the card and paper parts of you licence on your first lesson. If you need to make an application for a licence you can pick up an application form from you regional post office or you can apply online at https://www.anewdriver.ie.
- By telephone or by post if you have actually lost part of your licence you require to replace this; you can do this online.
- Sponsorship– before starting your lesson you will require to have an intend on how to pay for a complete driving course whether this is through savings, work or household. It does not pay to have lessons and after that stop due to no cash as it will take you longer to pass your test if you do not have routine lessons.
- Time– guarantee you have sufficient time to commit to discovering to drive– after all it is a new ability that you are getting that will require routine practice in order for you to advance.
- We recommend you have one, 2 hour lesson each week under the supervision of an expert driving trainer.
- Mindset– you need to be confident that you will learn how to have the capability however drive to laugh at yourself if you make mistakes, most of us do.
- Drink– prevent caffeine-based beverages such as tea and coffee before your driving lesson as this accelerates anxiety and you will currently be nervous. It goes without saying that alcohol needs to be prevented both on the day of your lesson, however also the night before.
- Clothing– make certain that your clothing on your lesson is comfortable; you will be sat in the car for at least an hour. Likewise make certain that you wear ideal shoes that you can feel the pedals through– no strolling boots, heels or flip flops.
- Sleep– make certain you have a good night’s sleep the night prior to your lesson. You wish to make sure you are alert as there will be a lot to take in on your first lesson.
- Be prepared– on the day of your lesson ensure you have both parts of your licence, payment for your lesson and your glasses, if you require them.
IN BETWEEN YOUR LESSONS
When your driving lesson is over the learning does not have to stop there. To enhance your knowing you might:
- Submit a student driver journal or diary– once your lesson is over, fill out the journal with what you have covered in the lesson, what worked out and what didn’t. You can use this to assess the lesson and get ready for your next lesson. If you have somebody to practice with between lessons, you can use the journal as a guide on what requires practising.
- Theory and Hazard Understanding practice– use the web and books to revise for your theory test and danger understanding test. The faster your theory is passed the much better.
Do not forget that if you have any concerns about your lessons, your driving ability or anything else then simply ask your trainer.
[page-generator-pro-related-links group_id=”1597″ post_status=”publish” output_type=”list_links” limit=”6″ columns=”2″ link_featured_image=”0″ orderby=”rand” order=”asc”]