– By ANewDriver
It is a good idea to be familiar with the car you are using for your test. A New Driver has made a quick list of things to check up before you go ahead with it. By checking all the list below is in good order before you go to your driving test centre, you will reduce your changes of getting refused eligibility to sit the test: It happens more often than you know!
So here is what to watch out for:
- Provisional Licence/Learners Permit: Make sure this is in date and has the correct category on it.
- Tax: Make sure your car’s tax disc is in date and correct registration number.
- Insurance: Make sute the insurance disc on the car is in date and has the correct registration number.
- Nct: Only if the test car is required to have an NCT disc, make sure the NCT disc is in date and has the correct registration number.
- Bonnet check: Check that oil for engine, coolant for engine radiator, water for windscreen washer, steering fluid, and clutch fluid is topped up. You must know where all fluids go for your test regardless.
- Lights: Check brake lights and indicators are working correctly and are the correct colour.
- Warning lights due to fault: Make sure there are no warning lights on before you go for your test as your car will be refused.
- Seatbelts: Check that all seatbelts are working correctly.
- Windows: Check that all windows are working correctly.
- Tyres: Remember you should know the Tyre Check as there is a 90% chance you will be asked. Vehicles with bald or worn tyres will not be taken out on test.