Factors to consider Prior To You Learn To Drive
It’s only natural to want to pass your driving test as soon as possible, after all, driving includes a lot liberty to your life. Driving is likewise a skill that brings a massive amount of value to your life, however there are things you must think about before you begin discovering to drive.
Learning To Drive & The Legal Requirements
In order to discover to drive, there are legal requirements you need to adhere to, including:
- Hold a legitimate provisional driving licence, you can apply for one at gov.uk here.
- You can just drive a lorry when you are 17 years of age, nevertheless, you can make an application for your provisional licence from the age of 15 years and 9 months.
- Need to be able to read a number plate from 20 metres away.
- If you are discovering to drive with a good friend or member of the family, by law they must be a qualified driver with a minimum of 3 years on a complete vehicle driving licence, whilst being over the age of 21.
- That being said, the vehicle you learn in need to likewise be guaranteed, taxed, have a valid MOT and screen L plates on the front and back.
If you like the concept of discovering to drive with a friend/family member, or wish to find out in your own car, you can get a competitive Student Driver quote here, with our award-winning insurance coverage.
Booking Driving Lessons
When it concerns driving lessons you should just spend for lessons if the person is either:
- An approved driving instructor (ADI), or
- A student driving trainer
If you’re unsure about a trainers credentials ask to see their Driver and Car Standards Agency (DVSA) badge. A pink badge suggests they’re a student if the badge is green it means they are an approved driving instructor. It is advised to have up to 45 hours of driving lessons, this is something to think about before you begin discovering to drive.
You can also search for an approved driving trainer using our handy Discover a Trainer Tool.
Practising With Household & Buddies
When practising discovering to drive with household & friends the legal requirements (above) must all be followed. Finding out to drive in your own time, whether that’s in your own automobile or a family/friends cars and truck is a fantastic idea. More practice can also get you utilized to driving in your own cars and truck.
Why not get a quote Learner Driver Quote here if you feel you would like to get more practice.
Is it Discovering to Drive Difficult?
One aspect people quickly realise when they begin their lessons is that driving is difficult! it takes a lot of time and practice, one lesson at a time you will improve and with a little perseverance and determination you will be on the roadway in your own cars and truck.
If the badge is green it indicates they are an authorized driving instructor, a pink badge indicates they’re a trainee. It is recommended to have up to 45 hours of driving lessons, this is something to consider before you begin finding out to drive.
When practicing discovering to drive with household & buddies the legal requirements (above) should all be followed. Discovering to drive in your own time, whether that’s in your own vehicle or a family/friends vehicle is a fantastic idea. More practice can also get you utilized to driving in your own car.