Considerations Before You Learn To Drive
It’s only natural to wish to pass your driving test as soon as possible, after all, driving adds a lot liberty to your life. Driving is also a skill that brings a huge amount of value to your life, however there are things you must think about before you begin learning to drive.
Learning To Drive & The Legal Requirements
In order to find out to drive, there are legal requirements you should comply with, including:
- Hold a valid provisional driving licence, you can apply for one at gov.uk here.
- You can only drive a vehicle when you are 17 years of age, however, you can get your provisionary licence from the age of 15 years and 9 months.
- Need to be able to read a number plate from 20 metres away.
- If you are learning to drive with a friend or family member, by law they need to be a qualified driver with a minimum of 3 years on a complete vehicle driving licence, whilst being over the age of 21.
- That being stated, the car you discover in must also be guaranteed, taxed, have a legitimate MOT and screen L plates on the front and back.
If you like the concept of learning to drive with a friend/family member, or want to discover in your own vehicle, you can get a competitive Student Driver quote here, with our award-winning insurance.
Booking Driving Lessons
When it concerns driving lessons you must just spend for lessons if the individual is either:
- An authorized driving instructor (ADI), or
- A student driving trainer
If you’re unsure about an instructors qualifications ask to see their Driver and Lorry Standards Firm (DVSA) badge. A pink badge implies they’re a trainee if the badge is green it means they are an authorized driving instructor. It is recommended to have up to 45 hours of driving lessons, this is something to think about prior to you start finding out to drive.
You can also look for an authorized driving instructor using our useful Find a Trainer Tool.
Practicing With Family & Friends
When practising discovering to drive with family & pals the legal requirements (above) should all be followed. Discovering to drive in your own time, whether that’s in your own automobile or a family/friends car is a brilliant idea. More practice can likewise get you used to driving in your own automobile.
If you feel you want to get more practice, why not get a quote Learner Driver Quote here.
Is it Learning to Drive Difficult?
When they begin their lessons is that driving is not simple, one aspect individuals rapidly understand! it takes plenty of time and practice, one lesson at a time you will enhance and with a little persistence and persistence you will be on the road in your own cars and truck.
If the badge is green it indicates they are an approved driving trainer, a pink badge indicates they’re a trainee. It is recommended to have up to 45 hours of driving lessons, this is something to think about prior to you begin learning to drive.
When practising learning to drive with household & buddies the legal requirements (above) should all be followed. Learning to drive in your own time, whether that’s in your own car or a family/friends cars and truck is a fantastic idea. More practice can also get you utilized to driving in your own vehicle.