HOW TO GET READY FOR YOUR DRIVING LESSONS
Discovering to drive can be a challenging experience for the very best of us so here are RED Driving School’s leading tips on how to get ready for your first driving lesson and subsequent tuition.
PRIOR TO YOUR FIRST LESSON
- Provisional licence– you will require to provide both the card and paper parts of you licence on your first lesson. If you need to make an application for a licence you can get an application from you local post office or you can apply online at https://www.anewdriver.ie.
- By telephone or by post if you have actually lost part of your licence you need to change this; you can do this online.
- Sponsorship– before beginning your lesson you will require to have an intend on how to pay for a complete driving course whether this is through savings, work or family. It does not pay to have lessons and after that stop due to no money as it will take you longer to pass your test if you do not have routine lessons.
- Time– ensure you have adequate time to devote to finding out to drive– after all it is a brand-new ability that you are obtaining that will need regular practice in order for you to advance.
- We advise you have one, 2 hour lesson every week under the guidance of a professional driving trainer.
- Attitude– you need to be positive that you will discover how to have the ability however drive to make fun of yourself if you make errors, the majority of us do.
- Consume– avoid caffeine-based beverages such as tea and coffee prior to your driving lesson as this speeds up stress and anxiety and you will already fidget. It goes without stating that alcohol needs to be prevented both on the day of your lesson, however also the night prior to.
- Clothing– make sure that your clothes on your lesson is comfortable; you will be beinged in the car for a minimum of an hour. Likewise make sure that you use suitable shoes that you can feel the pedals through– no walking boots, heels or flip flops.
- Sleep– make sure you have a good night’s sleep the night prior to your lesson. You wish to make certain you are alert as there will be a lot to take in on your first lesson.
- Be prepared– on the day of your lesson ensure you have both parts of your licence, payment for your lesson and your glasses, if you need them.
IN BETWEEN YOUR LESSONS
When your driving lesson is over the knowing does not have to stop there. To boost your knowing you could:
- Submit a learner driver journal or diary– when your lesson is over, complete the journal with what you have actually covered in the lesson, what worked out and what didn’t. You can use this to reflect on the lesson and prepare for your next lesson. If you have somebody to practice with in between lessons, you can use the journal as a guide on what needs practising.
- Theory and Threat Perception practice– utilize the internet and books to revise for your theory test and threat understanding test. The faster your theory is passed the much better.
Do not forget that if you have any concerns about your lessons, your driving capability or anything else then just ask your instructor.
[page-generator-pro-related-links group_id=”1597″ post_status=”publish” output_type=”list_links” limit=”6″ columns=”2″ link_featured_image=”0″ orderby=”rand” order=”asc”]