HOW TO PREPARE FOR YOUR DRIVING LESSONS
Learning to drive can be a difficult experience for the very best of us so here are RED Driving School’s top suggestions on how to get ready for your very first driving lesson and subsequent tuition.
PRIOR TO YOUR FIRST LESSON
- Provisional licence– you will need to provide both the card and paper parts of you licence on your very first lesson. , if you need to apply for a licence you can select up an application kind from you regional post workplace or you can apply online at https://www.anewdriver.ie.
- If you have actually lost part of your licence you require to replace this; you can do this online, by telephone or by post.
- Sponsorship– before beginning your lesson you will need to have an intend on how to pay for a full driving course whether this is through savings, work or household. It does not pay to have lessons and then stop due to no money as it will take you longer to pass your test if you do not have routine lessons.
- Time– ensure you have enough time to dedicate to finding out to drive– after all it is a new skill that you are obtaining that will require regular practice in order for you to advance.
- We suggest you have one, two hour lesson every week under the supervision of a professional driving trainer.
- Mindset– you require to be positive that you will learn how to have the capability but drive to laugh at yourself if you make errors, the majority of us do.
- Consume– prevent caffeine-based beverages such as tea and coffee prior to your driving lesson as this speeds up anxiety and you will currently fidget. It goes without saying that alcohol needs to be prevented both on the day of your lesson, however likewise the night before.
- Clothing– ensure that your clothing on your lesson is comfortable; you will be sat in the car for at least an hour. Also make sure that you use ideal shoes that you can feel the pedals through– no walking boots, heels or flip flops.
- Sleep– ensure you have a good night’s sleep the night before your lesson. You want to make sure you look out as there will be a lot to take in on your first lesson.
- Be prepared– on the day of your lesson make certain you have both parts of your licence, payment for your lesson and your glasses, if you need them.
BETWEEN YOUR LESSONS
When your driving lesson is over the learning does not need to stop there. To enhance your knowing you might:
- Complete a student driver journal or diary– when your lesson is over, complete the journal with what you have actually covered in the lesson, what went well and what didn’t. You can utilize this to review the lesson and prepare for your next lesson. If you have somebody to experiment in between lessons, you can use the journal as a guide on what requires practising.
- Theory and Risk Perception practice– use the web and books to revise for your theory test and danger understanding test. The quicker your theory is passed the much better.
Lastly, do not forget that if you have any concerns about your lessons, your driving capability or anything else then just ask your instructor.