HOW TO PREPARE FOR YOUR DRIVING LESSONS
Learning to drive can be an overwhelming experience for the very best of us so here are RED Driving School’s leading pointers on how to prepare for your very first driving lesson and subsequent tuition.
PRIOR TO YOUR FIRST LESSON
- Provisional licence– you will require to present both the card and paper parts of you licence on your very first lesson. , if you require to use for a licence you can select up an application form from you regional post office or you can use online at https://www.anewdriver.ie.
- By telephone or by post if you have lost part of your licence you need to change this; you can do this online.
- Sponsorship– before starting your lesson you will require to have a plan on how to pay for a full driving course whether this is through savings, work or household. If you do not have routine lessons, it does not pay to have lessons and then stop due to no money as it will take you longer to pass your test.
- Time– ensure you have adequate time to dedicate to finding out to drive– after all it is a new ability that you are getting that will need regular practice in order for you to progress.
- We recommend you have one, two hour lesson every week under the supervision of an expert driving instructor.
- Attitude– you require to be confident that you will discover how to drive however have the ability to laugh at yourself if you make errors, most of us do.
- Consume– avoid caffeine-based drinks such as tea and coffee prior to your driving lesson as this speeds up anxiety and you will already fidget. It goes without saying that alcohol ought to be prevented both on the day of your lesson, but likewise the night before.
- Clothing– ensure that your clothing on your lesson is comfortable; you will be sat in the car for at least an hour. Make sure that you wear suitable shoes that you can feel the pedals through– no strolling boots, heels or flip flops.
- Sleep– make sure you have a good night’s sleep the night prior to your lesson. You wish to make certain you are alert as there will be a lot to take in on your very first lesson.
- Be prepared– on the day of your lesson make certain you have both parts of your licence, payment for your lesson and your glasses, if you require them.
BETWEEN YOUR LESSONS
When your driving lesson is over the knowing does not have to stop there. To enhance your knowing you might:
- Complete a learner driver journal or diary– once your lesson is over, fill out the journal with what you have covered in the lesson, what went well and what didn’t. You can utilize this to assess the lesson and prepare for your next lesson. You can use the journal as a guide on what needs practising if you have someone to practice with between lessons.
- Theory and Danger Understanding practice– utilize the web and books to revise for your theory test and danger understanding test. The earlier your theory is passed the much better.
Do not forget that if you have any concerns about your lessons, your driving capability or anything else then just ask your trainer.