HOW TO PREPARE FOR YOUR DRIVING LESSONS
Finding out to drive can be a difficult experience for the best people so here are RED Driving School’s top suggestions on how to get ready for your very first driving lesson and subsequent tuition.
Driving Instructors DublinDriving Test Ireland
PRIOR TO YOUR FIRST LESSON
- Provisionary licence– you will need to present both the card and paper parts of you licence on your very first lesson. If you need to get a licence you can get an application form from you regional post office or you can use online at https://www.anewdriver.ie.
- By telephone or by post if you have lost part of your licence you require to change this; you can do this online.
- Financial backing– prior to starting your lesson you will need to have a plan on how to pay for a full driving course whether this is through cost savings, work or family. It does not pay to have lessons and then stop due to no money as it will take you longer to pass your test if you do not have regular lessons.
- Time– ensure you have sufficient time to commit to discovering to drive– after all it is a brand-new skill that you are getting that will need regular practice in order for you to progress.
- We suggest you have one, 2 hour lesson each week under the supervision of an expert driving instructor.
- Mindset– you require to be confident that you will find out how to drive however have the capability to make fun of yourself if you make errors, the majority of us do.
- Drink– prevent caffeine-based beverages such as tea and coffee before your driving lesson as this speeds up stress and anxiety and you will already be nervous. It goes without saying that alcohol should be prevented both on the day of your lesson, however likewise the night before.
- Clothes– make certain that your clothes on your lesson is comfortable; you will be sat in the car for at least an hour. Also make sure that you wear ideal shoes that you can feel the pedals through– no walking boots, heels or flip flops.
- Sleep– make sure you have a good night’s sleep the night prior to your lesson. You wish to make certain you are alert as there will be a lot to take in on your very first lesson.
- Be prepared– on the day of your lesson make sure you have both parts of your licence, payment for your lesson and your glasses, if you require them.
IN BETWEEN YOUR LESSONS
When your driving lesson is over the learning does not have to stop there. To boost your learning you might:
- Submit a student driver journal or journal– when your lesson is over, complete the journal with what you have covered in the lesson, what went well and what didn’t. You can use this to assess the lesson and prepare for your next lesson. You can use the journal as a guide on what needs practising if you have someone to practice with between lessons.
- Theory and Threat Understanding practice– utilize the web and books to modify for your theory test and threat understanding test. The earlier your theory is passed the much better.
Finally, do not forget that if you have any concerns about your lessons, your driving ability or anything else then simply ask your instructor.
[page-generator-pro-related-links group_id=”1597″ post_status=”publish” output_type=”list_links” limit=”6″ columns=”2″ link_featured_image=”0″ orderby=”rand” order=”asc”]