HOW TO PREPARE FOR YOUR DRIVING LESSONS
Learning to drive can be an overwhelming experience for the very best of us so here are RED Driving School’s leading suggestions on how to prepare for your first driving lesson and subsequent tuition.
PRIOR TO YOUR FIRST LESSON
- Provisional licence– you will need to present both the card and paper parts of you licence on your very first lesson. , if you require to use for a licence you can select up an application kind from you local post office or you can use online at https://www.anewdriver.ie.
- By telephone or by post if you have actually lost part of your licence you require to replace this; you can do this online.
- Sponsorship– before beginning your lesson you will need to have a plan on how to pay for a full driving course whether this is through savings, work or household. It does not pay to have lessons and after that stop due to no cash as it will take you longer to pass your test if you do not have regular lessons.
- Time– guarantee you have sufficient time to dedicate to learning to drive– after all it is a new ability that you are obtaining that will need routine practice in order for you to progress.
- We suggest you have one, 2 hour lesson every week under the supervision of an expert driving instructor.
- Mindset– you need to be positive that you will learn how to drive however have the capability to laugh at yourself if you make mistakes, the majority of us do.
- Consume– avoid caffeine-based drinks such as tea and coffee prior to your driving lesson as this accelerates stress and anxiety and you will currently fidget. It goes without saying that alcohol should be prevented both on the day of your lesson, however likewise the night before.
- Clothing– make sure that your clothing on your lesson is comfortable; you will be beinged in the car for a minimum of an hour. Likewise make sure that you wear appropriate shoes that you can feel the pedals through– no strolling boots, heels or flip flops.
- Sleep– ensure you have a good night’s sleep the night before your lesson. You want to ensure you look out as there will be a lot to take in on your first lesson.
- Be prepared– on the day of your lesson make certain you have both parts of your licence, payment for your lesson and your glasses, if you require them.
IN BETWEEN YOUR LESSONS
When your driving lesson is over the knowing does not have to stop there. To enhance your learning you could:
- Complete a learner driver journal or journal– as soon as your lesson is over, submit the journal with what you have covered in the lesson, what went well and what didn’t. You can use this to reflect on the lesson and get ready for your next lesson. If you have somebody to experiment in between lessons, you can utilize the journal as a guide on what needs practising.
- Theory and Danger Understanding practice– utilize the web and books to revise for your theory test and hazard perception test. The sooner your theory is passed the much better.
Lastly, do not forget that if you have any questions about your lessons, your driving ability or anything else then just ask your instructor.
[page-generator-pro-related-links group_id=”1597″ post_status=”publish” output_type=”list_links” limit=”6″ columns=”2″ link_featured_image=”0″ orderby=”rand” order=”asc”]