HOW TO GET READY FOR YOUR DRIVING LESSONS
Discovering to drive can be an overwhelming experience for the very best of us so here are RED Driving School’s top ideas on how to prepare for your very first driving lesson and subsequent tuition.
BEFORE YOUR FIRST LESSON
- Provisional licence– you will need to present both the card and paper parts of you licence on your first lesson. , if you need to apply for a licence you can select up an application form from you local post office or you can apply online at https://www.anewdriver.ie.
- If you have lost part of your licence you require to replace this; you can do this online, by telephone or by post.
- Sponsorship– prior to starting your lesson you will need to have an intend on how to pay for a complete driving course whether this is through savings, work or household. It does not pay to have lessons and then stop due to no money as it will take you longer to pass your test if you do not have regular lessons.
- Time– guarantee you have sufficient time to devote to finding out to drive– after all it is a new skill that you are acquiring that will require routine practice in order for you to advance.
- We advise you have one, two hour lesson each week under the guidance of an expert driving trainer.
- Attitude– you require to be positive that you will learn how to have the ability however drive to make fun of yourself if you make mistakes, most of us do.
- Drink– prevent caffeine-based drinks such as tea and coffee before your driving lesson as this accelerates stress and anxiety and you will already fidget. It goes without stating that alcohol must be prevented both on the day of your lesson, but likewise the night before.
- Clothes– make sure that your clothing on your lesson is comfortable; you will be sat in the car for at least an hour. Likewise ensure that you wear suitable shoes that you can feel the pedals through– no walking boots, heels or flip flops.
- Sleep– make certain you have a good night’s sleep the night before your lesson. You want to make certain you look out as there will be a lot to take in on your first lesson.
- Be prepared– on the day of your lesson make certain you have both parts of your licence, payment for your lesson and your glasses, if you need them.
IN BETWEEN YOUR LESSONS
When your driving lesson is over the knowing does not need to stop there. To enhance your learning you could:
- Complete a learner driver journal or diary– when your lesson is over, fill out the journal with what you have actually covered in the lesson, what went well and what didn’t. You can utilize this to assess the lesson and get ready for your next lesson. If you have somebody to practice with between lessons, you can utilize the journal as a guide on what requires practising.
- Theory and Danger Understanding practice– use the web and books to modify for your theory test and danger understanding test. The sooner your theory is passed the much better.
Do not forget that if you have any concerns about your lessons, your driving capability or anything else then simply ask your trainer.
[page-generator-pro-related-links group_id=”1597″ post_status=”publish” output_type=”list_links” limit=”6″ columns=”2″ link_featured_image=”0″ orderby=”rand” order=”asc”]