HOW TO PREPARE FOR YOUR DRIVING LESSONS
Finding out to drive can be a complicated experience for the best people so here are RED Driving School’s leading suggestions on how to prepare for your very first driving lesson and subsequent tuition.
BEFORE YOUR FIRST LESSON
- Provisional licence– you will need to provide both the card and paper parts of you licence on your very first lesson. , if you require to use for a licence you can select up an application form from you regional post workplace or you can apply online at https://www.anewdriver.ie.
- If you have lost part of your licence you need to change this; you can do this online, by telephone or by post.
- Sponsorship– prior to starting your lesson you will require to have an intend on how to pay for a full driving course whether this is through savings, work or family. It does not pay to have lessons and after that stop due to no cash as it will take you longer to pass your test if you do not have regular lessons.
- Time– guarantee you have sufficient time to commit to discovering to drive– after all it is a new skill that you are obtaining that will need regular practice in order for you to advance.
- We advise you have one, 2 hour lesson every week under the guidance of a professional driving instructor.
- Mindset– you require to be positive that you will discover how to drive but have the ability to laugh at yourself if you make errors, the majority of us do.
- Consume– avoid caffeine-based beverages such as tea and coffee prior to your driving lesson as this accelerates stress and anxiety and you will already be nervous. It goes without saying that alcohol must be prevented both on the day of your lesson, but also the night before.
- Clothes– make certain that your clothes on your lesson is comfortable; you will be beinged in the car for a minimum of an hour. Make sure that you use suitable shoes that you can feel the pedals through– no strolling boots, heels or flip flops.
- Sleep– make certain you have a good night’s sleep the night prior to your lesson. You wish to make sure you look out as there will be a lot to take in on your very first lesson.
- Be prepared– on the day of your lesson make certain you have both parts of your licence, payment for your lesson and your glasses, if you need them.
IN BETWEEN YOUR LESSONS
When your driving lesson is over the learning does not need to stop there. To improve your learning you could:
- Complete a student driver journal or diary– once your lesson is over, fill out the journal with what you have actually covered in the lesson, what went well and what didn’t. You can use this to assess the lesson and prepare for your next lesson. If you have someone to practice with between lessons, you can utilize the journal as a guide on what needs practising.
- Theory and Danger Understanding practice– use the web and books to modify for your theory test and danger understanding test. The earlier your theory is passed the much better.
Lastly, do not forget that if you have any questions about your lessons, your driving ability or anything else then just ask your instructor.
[page-generator-pro-related-links group_id=”1597″ post_status=”publish” output_type=”list_links” limit=”6″ columns=”2″ link_featured_image=”0″ orderby=”rand” order=”asc”]