HOW TO PREPARE FOR YOUR DRIVING LESSONS
Discovering to drive can be a complicated experience for the best people so here are RED Driving School’s top tips on how to get ready for your very first driving lesson and subsequent tuition.
BEFORE YOUR FIRST LESSON
- Provisional licence– you will require to present both the card and paper parts of you licence on your first lesson. , if you require to use for a licence you can select up an application form from you local post workplace or you can apply online at https://www.anewdriver.ie.
- By telephone or by post if you have actually lost part of your licence you need to change this; you can do this online.
- Sponsorship– before starting your lesson you will need to have an intend on how to spend for a full driving course whether this is through cost savings, work or household. If you do not have routine lessons, it does not pay to have lessons and then stop due to no cash as it will take you longer to pass your test.
- Time– guarantee you have enough time to commit to finding out to drive– after all it is a brand-new ability that you are acquiring that will require routine practice in order for you to progress.
- We suggest you have one, two hour lesson every week under the guidance of an expert driving instructor.
- Mindset– you require to be confident that you will discover how to drive however have the capability to laugh at yourself if you make errors, the majority of us do.
- Drink– prevent caffeine-based beverages such as tea and coffee prior to your driving lesson as this accelerates anxiety and you will currently be nervous. It goes without stating that alcohol should be prevented both on the day of your lesson, however also the night before.
- Clothing– ensure that your clothes on your lesson is comfortable; you will be beinged in the car for a minimum of an hour. Likewise ensure that you wear ideal shoes that you can feel the pedals through– no strolling boots, heels or flip flops.
- Sleep– make sure you have a good night’s sleep the night prior to your lesson. You wish to make sure you look out as there will be a lot to take in on your very first lesson.
- Be prepared– on the day of your lesson make certain you have both parts of your licence, payment for your lesson and your glasses, if you need them.
BETWEEN YOUR LESSONS
When your driving lesson is over the knowing does not have to stop there. To improve your learning you could:
- Complete a learner driver journal or diary– when your lesson is over, submit the journal with what you have covered in the lesson, what went well and what didn’t. You can use this to reflect on the lesson and prepare for your next lesson. You can utilize the journal as a guide on what requires practising if you have somebody to practice with in between lessons.
- Theory and Threat Perception practice– utilize the internet and books to revise for your theory test and danger perception test. The sooner your theory is passed the much better.
Do not forget that if you have any concerns about your lessons, your driving ability or anything else then simply ask your instructor.