Factors to consider Before You Discover To Drive
It’s only natural to want to pass your driving test as soon as possible, after all, driving adds a lot freedom to your life. Driving is also an ability that brings a huge quantity of value to your life, but there are things you must consider before you start discovering to drive.
Learning To Drive & The Legal Requirements
In order to discover to drive, there are legal requirements you should adhere to, including:
- Hold a legitimate provisionary driving licence, you can make an application for one at gov.uk here.
- You can just drive an automobile when you are 17 years of age, however, you can request your provisional licence from the age of 15 years and 9 months.
- Need to be able to read a number plate from 20 metres away.
- If you are finding out to drive with a buddy or member of the family, by law they should be a certified driver with a minimum of 3 years on a complete car driving licence, whilst being over the age of 21.
- That being said, the vehicle you find out in should also be guaranteed, taxed, have a legitimate MOT and screen L plates on the front and back.
If you like the idea of finding out to drive with a friend/family member, or wish to learn in your own vehicle, you can get a competitive Learner Driver quote here, with our award-winning insurance.
Booking Driving Lessons
When it pertains to driving lessons you must only pay for lessons if the individual is either:
- An authorized driving trainer (ADI), or
- A student driving instructor
If you’re not sure about a trainers qualifications ask to see their Driver and Lorry Standards Agency (DVSA) badge. If the badge is green it means they are an authorized driving instructor, a pink badge means they’re a trainee. It is suggested to have up to 45 hours of driving lessons, this is something to consider before you start finding out to drive.
You can also search for an authorized driving instructor utilizing our useful Discover an Instructor Tool.
Practising With Family & Pals
When practising discovering to drive with family & buddies the legal requirements (above) should all be followed. Learning to drive in your own time, whether that’s in your own vehicle or a family/friends car is a dazzling idea. More practice can also get you used to driving in your own car.
Why not get a quote Learner Driver Quote here if you feel you would like to get more practice.
Is it Finding Out to Drive Difficult?
One element individuals rapidly realise when they begin their lessons is that driving is difficult! it takes a lot of time and practice, one lesson at a time you will improve and with a little patience and perseverance you will be on the road in your own vehicle.
If the badge is green it implies they are an authorized driving instructor, a pink badge means they’re a student. It is suggested to have up to 45 hours of driving lessons, this is something to consider prior to you start learning to drive.
When practising learning to drive with family & friends the legal requirements (above) must all be followed. Finding out to drive in your own time, whether that’s in your own vehicle or a family/friends car is a brilliant idea. More practice can also get you utilized to driving in your own vehicle.