HOW TO PREPARE FOR YOUR DRIVING LESSONS
Learning to drive can be a difficult experience for the best of us so here are RED Driving School’s leading ideas on how to prepare for your very first driving lesson and subsequent tuition.
BEFORE YOUR FIRST LESSON
- Provisional licence– you will need to provide both the card and paper parts of you licence on your very first lesson. , if you need to use for a licence you can pick up an application type from you regional post workplace or you can use online at https://www.anewdriver.ie.
- By telephone or by post if you have lost part of your licence you need to replace this; you can do this online.
- Sponsorship– prior to starting your lesson you will need to have a plan on how to pay for a complete driving course whether this is through cost savings, work or family. It does not pay to have lessons and after that stop due to no cash as it will take you longer to pass your test if you do not have routine lessons.
- Time– guarantee you have adequate time to devote to discovering to drive– after all it is a new skill that you are getting that will require routine practice in order for you to advance.
- We recommend you have one, 2 hour lesson each week under the guidance of an expert driving trainer.
- Attitude– you need to be positive that you will discover how to drive however have the capability to laugh at yourself if you make mistakes, most of us do.
- Consume– avoid caffeine-based drinks such as tea and coffee prior to your driving lesson as this accelerates stress and anxiety and you will currently be nervous. It goes without saying that alcohol ought to be prevented both on the day of your lesson, but likewise the night prior to.
- Clothes– make sure that your clothes on your lesson is comfortable; you will be beinged in the car for a minimum of an hour. Likewise make certain that you wear suitable shoes that you can feel the pedals through– no walking boots, heels or flip flops.
- Sleep– make sure you have a good night’s sleep the night before your lesson. You want to make certain you look out as there will be a lot to take in on your first lesson.
- Be prepared– on the day of your lesson make sure you have both parts of your licence, payment for your lesson and your glasses, if you require them.
BETWEEN YOUR LESSONS
When your driving lesson is over the knowing does not have to stop there. To improve your learning you could:
- Submit a learner driver journal or journal– once your lesson is over, complete the journal with what you have actually covered in the lesson, what worked out and what didn’t. You can utilize this to assess the lesson and prepare for your next lesson. You can utilize the journal as a guide on what needs practising if you have somebody to practice with in between lessons.
- Theory and Risk Understanding practice– utilize the internet and books to modify for your theory test and danger understanding test. The quicker your theory is passed the better.
Lastly, do not forget that if you have any concerns about your lessons, your driving ability or anything else then just ask your instructor.
[page-generator-pro-related-links group_id=”1597″ post_status=”publish” output_type=”list_links” limit=”6″ columns=”2″ link_featured_image=”0″ orderby=”rand” order=”asc”]