HOW TO GET READY FOR YOUR DRIVING LESSONS
Discovering to drive can be a difficult experience for the best people so here are RED Driving School’s top tips on how to prepare for your very first driving lesson and subsequent tuition.
Driving LessonsDriving Test Ireland
BEFORE YOUR FIRST LESSON
- Provisionary licence– you will need to present both the card and paper parts of you licence on your first lesson. , if you need to apply for a licence you can choose up an application form from you regional post office or you can apply online at https://www.anewdriver.ie.
- If you have lost part of your licence you need to change this; you can do this online, by telephone or by post.
- Sponsorship– prior to beginning your lesson you will require to have an intend on how to spend for a complete driving course whether this is through savings, work or household. It does not pay to have lessons and after that stop due to no money as it will take you longer to pass your test if you do not have routine lessons.
- Time– ensure you have adequate time to commit to finding out to drive– after all it is a new skill that you are obtaining that will require regular practice in order for you to advance.
- We suggest you have one, two hour lesson every week under the supervision of an expert driving instructor.
- Attitude– you need to be positive that you will learn how to drive however have the capability to make fun of yourself if you make mistakes, most of us do.
- Consume– avoid caffeine-based beverages such as tea and coffee prior to your driving lesson as this accelerates stress and anxiety and you will already be nervous. It goes without saying that alcohol should be prevented both on the day of your lesson, but likewise the night prior to.
- Clothing– make sure that your clothing on your lesson is comfortable; you will be beinged in the car for at least an hour. Likewise ensure that you wear appropriate shoes that you can feel the pedals through– no walking boots, heels or flip flops.
- Sleep– ensure you have a good night’s sleep the night prior to your lesson. You wish to make certain you look out as there will be a lot to take in on your very first lesson.
- Be prepared– on the day of your lesson make sure you have both parts of your licence, payment for your lesson and your glasses, if you need them.
IN BETWEEN YOUR LESSONS
When your driving lesson is over the knowing does not have to stop there. To improve your learning you could:
- Fill out a learner driver journal or journal– as soon as your lesson is over, fill out the journal with what you have covered in the lesson, what went well and what didn’t. You can use this to assess the lesson and prepare for your next lesson. You can utilize the journal as a guide on what requires practising if you have somebody to practice with in between lessons.
- Theory and Risk Perception practice– utilize the internet and books to revise for your theory test and danger perception test. The earlier your theory is passed the better.
Lastly, do not forget that if you have any questions about your lessons, your driving ability or anything else then just ask your instructor.
[page-generator-pro-related-links group_id=”1597″ post_status=”publish” output_type=”list_links” limit=”6″ columns=”2″ link_featured_image=”0″ orderby=”rand” order=”asc”]