HOW TO GET READY FOR YOUR DRIVING LESSONS
Learning to drive can be a difficult experience for the very best of us so here are RED Driving School’s top tips on how to prepare for your first driving lesson and subsequent tuition.
Driving SchoolDriving Test Ireland
PRIOR TO YOUR FIRST LESSON
- Provisionary licence– you will need to present both the card and paper parts of you licence on your very first lesson. If you require to obtain a licence you can pick up an application form from you local post office or you can apply online at https://www.anewdriver.ie.
- If you have lost part of your licence you need to replace this; you can do this online, by telephone or by post.
- Sponsorship– before starting your lesson you will need to have an intend on how to spend for a full driving course whether this is through cost savings, work or household. If you do not have routine lessons, it does not pay to have lessons and then stop due to no cash as it will take you longer to pass your test.
- Time– guarantee you have adequate time to dedicate to discovering to drive– after all it is a new skill that you are acquiring that will require regular practice in order for you to advance.
- We recommend you have one, two hour lesson every week under the supervision of an expert driving instructor.
- Mindset– you require to be confident that you will learn how to drive but have the ability to make fun of yourself if you make errors, most of us do.
- Drink– prevent caffeine-based beverages such as tea and coffee prior to your driving lesson as this accelerates stress and anxiety and you will currently fidget. It goes without stating that alcohol ought to be prevented both on the day of your lesson, but likewise the night before.
- Clothing– make certain that your clothes on your lesson is comfortable; you will be beinged in the car for a minimum of an hour. Make sure that you wear suitable shoes that you can feel the pedals through– no walking boots, heels or flip flops.
- Sleep– make certain you have a good night’s sleep the night prior to your lesson. You wish to ensure you are alert as there will be a lot to take in on your first lesson.
- Be prepared– on the day of your lesson make certain you have both parts of your licence, payment for your lesson and your glasses, if you require them.
IN BETWEEN YOUR LESSONS
When your driving lesson is over the learning does not have to stop there. To boost your learning you could:
- Complete a student driver journal or diary– once your lesson is over, fill out the journal with what you have covered in the lesson, what went well and what didn’t. You can utilize this to assess the lesson and get ready for your next lesson. If you have somebody to experiment between lessons, you can utilize the journal as a guide on what requires practising.
- Theory and Threat Understanding practice– use the internet and books to modify for your theory test and danger perception test. The earlier your theory is passed the better.
Do not forget that if you have any concerns about your lessons, your driving capability or anything else then simply ask your instructor.
[page-generator-pro-related-links group_id=”1597″ post_status=”publish” output_type=”list_links” limit=”6″ columns=”2″ link_featured_image=”0″ orderby=”rand” order=”asc”]