HOW TO GET READY FOR YOUR DRIVING LESSONS
Learning to drive can be a daunting experience for the very best of us so here are RED Driving School’s top ideas on how to prepare for your very first driving lesson and subsequent tuition.
Driving LessonsDriving Test Ireland
PRIOR TO YOUR FIRST LESSON
- Provisionary licence– you will need to present both the card and paper parts of you licence on your very first lesson. If you need to apply for a licence you can pick up an application from you local post office or you can use online at https://www.anewdriver.ie.
- If you have lost part of your licence you require to change this; you can do this online, by telephone or by post.
- Sponsorship– prior to beginning your lesson you will require to have a plan on how to spend for a full driving course whether this is through cost savings, work or household. It does not pay to have lessons and after that stop due to no cash as it will take you longer to pass your test if you do not have regular lessons.
- Time– ensure you have sufficient time to dedicate to learning to drive– after all it is a new ability that you are getting that will require regular practice in order for you to advance.
- We advise you have one, two hour lesson every week under the supervision of an expert driving instructor.
- Attitude– you require to be confident that you will discover how to drive but have the capability to laugh at yourself if you make errors, the majority of us do.
- Drink– prevent caffeine-based beverages such as tea and coffee before your driving lesson as this accelerates anxiety and you will currently fidget. It goes without stating that alcohol should be avoided both on the day of your lesson, but likewise the night prior to.
- Clothing– make sure that your clothes on your lesson is comfortable; you will be beinged in the car for at least an hour. Also ensure that you wear suitable shoes that you can feel the pedals through– no strolling boots, heels or flip flops.
- Sleep– make certain you have a good night’s sleep the night before your lesson. You wish to make sure you are alert as there will be a lot to take in on your first lesson.
- Be prepared– on the day of your lesson make certain you have both parts of your licence, payment for your lesson and your glasses, if you require them.
BETWEEN YOUR LESSONS
When your driving lesson is over the learning does not have to stop there. To boost your learning you might:
- Complete a student driver journal or journal– once your lesson is over, fill out the journal with what you have actually covered in the lesson, what went well and what didn’t. You can utilize this to review the lesson and get ready for your next lesson. If you have someone to practice with in between lessons, you can use the journal as a guide on what requires practising.
- Theory and Hazard Perception practice– utilize the internet and books to modify for your theory test and danger perception test. The quicker your theory is passed the much better.
Finally, do not forget that if you have any concerns about your lessons, your driving capability or anything else then simply ask your trainer.
[page-generator-pro-related-links group_id=”1597″ post_status=”publish” output_type=”list_links” limit=”6″ columns=”2″ link_featured_image=”0″ orderby=”rand” order=”asc”]